** This position is located in Boeblingen, Germany **
Valiant Integrated Services is seeking skilled and experienced Security Specialist to join our professional team of in support of U.S. Marine Corps Forces, Europe and Africa located in Boeblingen, Germany. The ideal candidate should have a background and experience in DoD Security processes and procedures, specifically the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS). Experience in Defense Information System for Security (DISS) is desirable.
- Assist in reviewing, correcting, processing and tracking requests for personnel security investigations.
- Receive, brief, and in-process personnel; request issuance of collateral-access security badges.
- Assist in developing appropriate courses of action in determining collateral access eligibility.
- Out-process all personnel ensuring JPAS and DISS accesses and relationships are removed; account for and collect all security badges upon out-processing.
- Assist in performing accountability audits of accesses granted with personnel security files.
- Maintain daily oversight of JPAS and DISS notifications, the section e-mail, and provide recommended actions to the Security Manager as needed.
- Assist in responding to DoDCAF Supplemental Information Requests, OPM investigation responses, and other actions for personnel security matters.
- Coordinate across MARFOREUR/AF to verify or clarify information pertinent to security clearance determinations.
- Advise on policies and procedures for the command security.
- Assist with periodic security spot checks throughout facilities to determine compliance, and document incidents in appropriate trackers and personnel security files.
- Assist the staff with advice and assistance to resolve problems and make recommendations for more efficient security operations.
- This position is planned as a Part-Time On-Call (PTOC) position to cover temporary shortages in uniformed manpower. This is an hourly position, but the successful candidate can expect to work 40 hours weekly.
- Qualified SOFA-dependent applicants from the USAG Stuttgart area will be given preferential consideration. A SOFA-dependent applicant is one whose spouse has SOFA status because they are a uniformed service-member, government civilian, or contractor working for DoD in Germany.
- Non-SOFA-dependent applicants may be considered, but will be limited to 90 days’ employment per 365-day period.
- Should have experience utilizing the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) Level 6 or higher; experience with the Defense Information System for Security (DISS) is highly desirable.
- Must have excellent organizational, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in the following Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must have an active full Secret clearance with NATO Secret eligibility.
- Should have a working knowledge of security policies and procedures to include DoD5220.22-M, National Industrial Security Program 0perating Manual (NISPOM), & DoDM 5200.01 V1-V4.CORE VALUES:INTEGRITY – Honesty, Trust & Respect in every situation
EXCELLENCE – Performance, Effectiveness, Quality, & Safety in everything we do
INNOVATION – Embracing new ideas & best practice in every service that we offer
Valiant Integrated Services is an equal 0pportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified Candidates will receive consideration for employment opportunity without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, 0r any other characteristic protected by regulations/law.